Energex is preparing for the Power of Choice (PoC) Reforms which start on 1 December 2017. The reforms will bring a number of changes for all participants in the market including Electrical Contractors.
Power of Choice (PoC) is a national reform to the electricity industry that is designed to increase competition in the electricity supply chain and provide customers with access to more detailed information about their energy usage through the introduction of digital interval metering.
Our data shows that you are an electrical contractor in South East Queensland who regularly submits EWRs via our Electrical Partners Portal. As such, we would like to invite you to join Energex’s PoC Electrical Partner Program, a group of electrical service providers or contractors that will receive a direct, monthly update via email of PoC-related information that can then be issued to staff and contractors to help them be ready for the PoC changes. We would ask you to share this information each month with all those within your business who currently, or are likely to undertake work with Energex network.
We are committed to helping you, and your contractors, be ready for PoC. We are confident that joining this group will provide the following benefits for you and your staff or contractors:
- A regular flow of current PoC-related information that you can disseminate;
- Reassurance that targeted information for Electrical Contractors is reaching your staff and contractors; and
- Timely insight into the PoC changes to allow better planning and preparedness for your staff.
- Available for download from the Energex website’s Contractors and Service Providers pages;
- Alerts through the Portal when new information is available; and
- Stories in industry publications such as our Electrical Contractor Updates and Solar Installer Alerts.
If you have any questions regarding this please do not hesitate in replying to this email address.
EQL Power of Choice
Level 8, 825 Ann St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006