To help Queensland households improve their energy efficiency, $20 million has been committed for rebates on approved energy efficient appliances under the Affordable Energy Plan.
Customers can save up to $50 a year by using an energy efficient refrigerator or washing machine. An energy efficient air conditioner could save up to $100 a year.
Rebates availableRebates will apply to purchases on or after 1 January 2018 for the following household appliances:
- $200 for a 4 star or higher energy rated washing machine
- $250 for a 4 star or higher energy rated refrigerator
- $300 for a 4 star or higher energy rated air conditioner.
The scheme will end when the funding is exhausted, so payment of a rebate is not guaranteed.
Eligibility criteriaIt’s important to determine the best appliance for your needs.
The following information regarding energy efficient appliance rebate eligibility is provided as a guide only and does not entitle you to a rebate. We will check your eligibility for a rebate as part of the application process. Please read the rebate terms and conditions (PDF) to determine your eligibility before applying.
To be eligible for a rebate, the appliance must:
- have a minimum 4 star energy rating
- be new and purchased on or after 1 January 2018 (you must provide a copy of the tax invoice or receipt for the purchase of the approved appliance showing you have paid in full)
- be for the purposes of domestic/residential use in a Queensland residence.
Read the full list of eligible 4 star or higher appliances:
- read and understood the terms and conditions (PDF) to determine if you are eligible
- your national metering identifier (NMI) – found on your electricity bill (unless your household does not have its own retail electricity account or you don’t have electricity connected on the premises)
- the appliance make and model number
- your bank details, so we can pay you the rebate
- a clear scan or photo of your tax invoice/receipt from your retailer/installer to upload.
Note: If you purchased your appliance on or after 1 January 2018 and before applications opened, you have 30 days from the date applications opened to submit your application in full - apply by 20 March 2018.
- Read the terms and conditions (PDF) for the rebate.
- Read our frequently asked questions.
- Find out everything you need to know to start saving on your energy bills.
- Learn more about energy star ratings and energy efficient appliances.
- Find out about buying energy efficient appliances in the Australian Government guide to buying energy efficient appliances.
Positive Payback for householdsPositive Payback lets you earn rewards by using energy saving technologies and switching to economy tariffs for air conditioners, pool pumps and hot water systems.
16 February 2018